You are here
How to scan with a HP 3D Pro S3
1) Turn power on for the projector and remove the lens cap from the digital capture camera.
2) Open the scanning software by searching for HP 3D Scan Pro within the Windows 10 Start button
3) Under Setup, select HP 3D Structured Light Scanner Pro from the Setup Type dropdown menu. Also turn on the Connect Turntable option.
4) Set up the turntable with your object on top it in front of the scanner so that it is centered on the screen.
5) Use the lever on top of the projector to adjust the focus until the stripes are clearly present on the object. Next, turnthe focus ring of the digital camera until you object shows up clearly on HP Scan Pro window. You might have to adjust the Camera Contol > Exposure, Projection Control > Brghtness, and the digial camer’s focus ring to get the prefect preview picture.
6) Temporarily move the turntable out of the way BUT, leave a peice of tape in its place so you will remember where it’s postion was.
7) Retreive the HP calibration board. Look at the claibration board and select the appropriate calibration size pattern that matches your object’s size. Place the board in roughly the same spot that the turntable was in. Make sure that six circles are visible on the HP 3D scan Pro preview window. (IMPORTANT: be sure to use the use the angle braces on the top and bootom of the board at the correct angle for calibration)
8) Press the Calibrate button under Calibration in the Setup tab.
When the calibration has succesfully completed, you will see a checkered pattern on your HP calibration board.
9) Remove the calibration board and return the turntable (and object) to where they were originally placed.
10) Remove the object from the turntable. Click on the Scanning tab on the top of the screen. Under the Scanning sub menu, change it to Background Scan. Next, click on the Scan Background button
11) After the scan background completes, put the object back on the turntable. Go back to the Scanning sub menu and change it to Automatic Turntable (If the system says that no turntable is detected and displays a Retry button, press that button to connect the turntable). It is recommended to have the Auto. Grab Texture and Background Removal options turned on. Press the Scan button when ready. (It’s important not to move the project, digital camera, or pistion of your object during the scanning process)
12) Within the Shape Fusion tab > Cleaning menu, use the rectangle selection tool to highlight areas of the scan that are not necessary. Then press the red X button next to remove these unwanted parts.
13) Within the Shape Fusion tab > Cleaning menu, change Alignment from Free to Global Fine Registration. Make sure the Use Texture and Use Surface Features boxes are selected, then press the Align Scans button.
14) After scan alignment is complete, set the resolution you want your object to be under Fusion, then press the Fuse button.
15) When fusion has been completed, you can export the object with the Export button under Fusion submenu.